Re: Gdk-WARNING **: window 0x520 unexpectedly destroyed

Hans Breuer <hans breuer org> writes:

> Hi Owen,
> recent cvs gtk (win32) gives me a bunch of 'unexpectedly destroyed'
> warnings (apparently for almost every window). They vanish, if I
> revert your change:
>
> Mon Jul  2 16:53:25 2001  Owen Taylor  <otaylor redhat com>
>
>  	* gdk/gdkwindow.c (_gdk_window_destroy_hierarchy): Don't
>  	mark the window as destroyed until after we
>  	called _gdk_windowing_window_destroy().
> 	(_gdk_windowing_window_destroy() may use GDK functions
> 	on the window.)
>
> ... which probably isn't the right sollution :)
> Do you have any hints how this issues should be resolved correctly ?

Where is gdk_window_destroy_notify() being called from?

As far as I can see, you should only get it when you get a WM_DESTROY
message in gdk_event_translate(), and gdk_event_translate shouldn't
get called out of _gdk_window_destroy_hierarchy(), so I don't
offhand have an idea of why my change would cause problems
for you.