Re: tracking segfaults

"Peter J. Braam" <braam clusterfilesystem com> writes:

> I'm working with 1.3.6 and seeing segfaults, typically in g_free (they
> didn't happen in 1.3.4) and are related to installing new sources.
>
> How can I find the bug either in glib or in my app?

Well, you have two choices:

 * Track it down yourself using:

   gdb
   MALLOC_CHECK_=2 ./myprogram
   ElectricFence
   [ other memory debugging tools ]

   Segfaults in free (as opposed to malloc()) are typically double
   frees, so the GNU libc memory debugging enabled wiht
   MALLOC_CHECK_=2 works pretty well.

 * Create a sufficiently small test program that reproduces the problem
   that we are likely to believe it is our problem, and mail it here.

But maybe I'm not understanding the question?