Re: New keybindings draft

Calum Benson <calum benson ireland sun com> writes:
> I'm sure one of us can do that if it's helpful.  It's worth re-iterating
> that it's still only a draft, though, not a magic prescription... there
> are certainly some things that will need thrashing out on this list or
> elsewhere, which is why we've tried to post it as early as possible for
> discussion.

Right, my thought is to link to your document from bugzilla, then
bugfixers will find the latest conclusions.

FWIW it looks like you've followed the rule "where win/java have a de
facto std., use it" which I think is right. keybindings are arbitrary,
no point making users learn a new set.

> For example, the cursor-key method of inter-widget navigation isn't in
> the current proposal, as focus just "sticks" too often in the various
> widgets that legitimately over-ride the cursor keys.  Also, the document
> suggests Ctrl+Tab for at least one thing I can think of, but in the last
> few days, the latest release of Sawfish has started grabbing Ctrl+Tab by
> default to do window cycling!  Grr...

And RH changes all the sawfish/panel keys around to match our earlier
Enlightenment setup. ;-)

I think the "copy windows" approach is right for sawfish too.

> > I'm most likely typing one-handed for the next 3 months, so I am
> > suddenly a GTK accessibility beta tester. ;-)
>
> I'm not even going to ask what you're doing with the other hand :)

damn, somebody schedule this guy for sensitivity training. ;-)

Havoc