Re: [Mingw-users] glib and pkg-config build on win2k

Owen Taylor writes:
 > Is the concern wanting to use the system glib to compile pkg-config
 > on Windows?

Yep.

 > Maybe we need a --disable-pkg-config-checks configure option.

Sounds like a good idea.

Hmm, would it be feasible to then start requiring an installed GLib
2.x for pkg-config on Unix, too? (Most packages that provide .pc files
are dependent on GLib 2.x anyway, aren't they?) If building everything
from scratch when building GLib one would need to use
--disable-pkg-config-checks, otherwise wouldn't things just work fine?
pkg-config's distribution wouldn't then not need to include glib-1.2.8
any longer. Not that the included glib-1.2.8 is any big issue on Unix.

--tml