Re: ORBit2 native Win32 port progress

On Fri, 2003-08-22 at 03:10, Tor Lillqvist wrote:
>  > By the time you are done you will end up with a mini-GNet.
>
> Linc's features are not a subset of GNet's, so that's misleading.

	The problem is that as you say, it'd be nice to have a standard network
library that abstracts away the pain of sockets / connections / buffered
/ non-blocking I/O / asynchronous DNS etc. we currently have soup, gnet,
linc (+) that do some of this.

	The problem with linc is that it has to be thread-safe in some sense
that's still not altogether clear [ how best to do it is still not
completely clear to me ].

	It'd be lovely to use GNet in ORBit2 though,

	Regards,

		Michael.

--
 michael ximian com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot