Re: Japanese kana input

On Mon, 2003-03-17 at 02:51, Evan Martin wrote:

> http://im-ja.sourceforge.net/ is the continuation of
> http://bonobo.gnome.gr.jp/~nakai/immodule/ (which I belive is no longer
> developed), the only modules I've seen.
> There's a lot of good work in those, especially the former, which even
> includes Owen Taylor's kanjipad to allow drawing kanji.  However, its
> interface is different enough from kinput2 that it's a little
> frustrating for me to use.

Thanks, after looking it over it was easy to setup -- however there
doesn't seem to be any 'quick starts' for this.  I wrote one:

	http://icculus.org/~mongoose/japanese.html

Please tell me if I left any Gtk+ 2.x/GNOME 2.2+ projects out that would
aid Japanese language studies. I would also wonder why GNOME doesn't
start working on a unified dictionary interface -- like a gdict and a
spell checker for all languages using bonobo componets or plugins.
Please tell if there is such a project underway.    =)

cheers,
Terry

| UnRaider    http://www.icculus.org/unraider       |
| OpenRaider  http://openraider.sourceforge.net     |
| Personal    http://www.icculus.org/~mongoose      |
|      Try Debian GNU/Linux, GNOME 2.2 today  =)    |