Re: Some 2.6 thinking

On Mon, 2004-04-12 at 16:48, Owen Taylor wrote:

> Possible features
> =================
> http://www.gtk.org/plan/2.6/ has a pretty complete list of
> things that have been discussed. Clearly, doing all of this
> is not compatible with a short timescale.
>
> Possible "major themes" for the release
>
>  - Win32 support; integration of Win32 native theme, IME IMModule
>
>  - Replacing libgnome/libgnomeui - Wizard, App window, command
>    line option parsing, session management
>
>  - Better language binding support - full introspection, etc.

Has there been any discussion on what people see as the biggest gaps in
GTK+? A lot of the items in the list might be nice, but aren't too
important.

But GTK+ doesn't have a cross-platform printing architecture, which I
think is almost essential. I suppose a cross-platform sound API is
needed as well. I think Qt has both.

Damon