Re: Some 2.6 thinking

Hi,

Damon Chaplin <damon karuna uklinux net> writes:

> Has there been any discussion on what people see as the biggest gaps in
> GTK+? A lot of the items in the list might be nice, but aren't too
> important.
>
> But GTK+ doesn't have a cross-platform printing architecture, which I
> think is almost essential. I suppose a cross-platform sound API is
> needed as well. I think Qt has both.

The fact that the Qt developers think that this would belong into a
toolkit doesn't make this the right decision. Sound API and printing
architecture are both readily available and I don't see any need to
move this (huge) functionality into the toolkit. GTK+ is about drawing
user interfaces, let's keep it that way.

Sven