Re: Proposal: an addition to glib for getting the absolute path of the current binary.

* Sven Neumann <sven gimp org> [2004-04-13 14:34:18 +0200]:

<snip>
> I am not convinced that locating the binary file does solve the
> problem of locating the data and configuration files.
ACK.

That's why we were talking about the wrong stuff.

The binary location itself is not what's wanted, instead a common
way for locating config files, datadirs, etc is wanted.

Therefore we should move to talk about a module which solves this
problem instead of wasting time for such side issues like binary locations.

(See my other postings)

cu
 Enrico Weigelt    ==   metux IT services

  fax:       +49 36207 519932         email:     contact metux de
  cellphone: +49 174 7066481
   -- DSL-Zugang ab 0 Euro. -- statische IP -- UUCP -- Hosting --