Re: Some 2.6 thinking

Gaël Le Mignot wrote:

Hello Damon!

13 Apr 2004 11:14:06 +0100, you wrote:
> Has there been any discussion on what people see as the biggest gaps in
> GTK+? A lot of the items in the list might be nice, but aren't too
> important.

What I  would personnally  like is  a way to  include more  widgets as
GtkCellRenders, either a way to put generic widgets, or at least a way
to add  most basic  widgets (combo, spin,  buttons, and  even progress
bars  and  such).  That's  the  only  weakness  I  see  in  the  great
TreeView/TreeModel API.

Anyway, congratulations for the great job you all did on Gtk+ ! :)

I think most of this work has already been done it's just a matter of finding the work and organaizing it. For, instance Tim's tutorial providers pointers to (Progressbar, Combo, Date) CellRenderers, http://scentric.net/tutorial/sec-custom-cell-renderers-external.html and Lorenzo's GtkGrid provides a spin button cellrenderer, http://www.sicem.biz/personal/lgs/projects/gtkgrid/view_project. I'm sure there are more out there... But i agree it would be helpful if the gtk+ library included these cellrenderers, if for no better reason
than that it would make them more accessible to developers.

-todd
begin:vcard
fn:Todd Fisher
n:Fisher;Todd