Re: GtkAspectFrame fluff

Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com> writes:

> > Wouldn't it make sense to pull the aspect ratio logic out of
> > GtkAspectFrame and provide an aspect-ratio-preserving container
> > that does not try to draw labels or borders around your things,
> > but just do the aspect ratio part?
>
> Won't work. The aspect ratio has to be enforced on the child's
> size not the child size + the border size.

I'm sorry, but I've come back sporadically to re-read this mail over
the course of a couple of days now, and I still can't seem to get it.
Could you maybe put it in different words or something?

In my mind,

    GtkAspectFrame - label - {x,y}thickness == GtkAspectBin

Am I missing something?

--
Daniel Brockman
drlion deepwood net