Re: ABI and API for g_object_ref_sink() (Re: GTK_FLOATING broken in 2.9?)

Tim Janik wrote:

in general, glib and gtk will remain source and binary backwards compatible with
regards to the floating reference changes.

See below. And again, this thing with floating reference thing is a precedent. Broken twice (recent glib changes related to some crazy unicode stuff), will
be broken again, and in worse way. If not, well, I will sleep well :)

my initial email:
"Subject: ABI and API for g_object_ref_sink() (Re: GTK_FLOATING broken in 2.9?)" has the exact details on why/what the compat details are for particular gtk/glib
versions.

It doesn't address issue of old code that uses GTK, that was written for old GTK, and/or was built with old GTK (like gtkmm, if I understand that issue correctly).

don't worry, be happy ;)

I will. I should have done something with my doubts to enter new year with
faith and peace in my soul ;)

Best regards,
Yevgen