Re: Recently Used Files Proposal

> > In the menu you have usually only a few "recent files". If you look
> > for something little older it would have sense to have special dialog.
> >
> > (I hate the fact, that most gnome programs have only 5 recent files
> > in the menu, on the other hand I can understand, that having more
> > would blow them, so a dedicated dialog would be very good thing.
> > You can even have 5 items in the menu followed by "More..." entry,
> > that let you open the dialog...)
>
> At some point its just more efficient to open the file selector instead
> though. Especially since the old file you were looking for might not be
> in the recent dialog either, causing you to first have to browse through
> that and then open the file selector anyway.

If you have many files/directories, the file selector is terribly
inefficient (not to talk about that it is terribly slow).

Anyway, why not to let the user choose if he wants to use file chooser
or recent files dialog? If the number of recent files was limited
by combination of fixed number (so you would have at least allways
have xx recent files) and time (e.g. you allways have at least
the files opened since last week let's say), the would know what he
should expect.

P.T.

--
Petr Tomasek <http://www.etf.cuni.cz/~tomasek>