Re: gvfs hal volume monitoring backend

On Mon, 2007-12-17 at 17:43 -0500, David Zeuthen wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-12-17 at 11:37 +0100, Alexander Larsson wrote:
>
> > I see that you're building the hal stuff in a separate module. It might
> > be better to add it to the general gvfs module. This will save 4k of
> > writable memory per process that uses gio.
>
> Sure, I'll look into doing this when...

Actually, I'm reconsidering this. Most app will pull in the gvfs module,
but not the volume monitor (or only when displaying a file selector), so
even if the 4k used is shared we pull in the 4k from libhal and another
from libusb (which hal uses). So, its a net loss for "most" apps.

Makes better sense to have this separated out and on-demand loaded.