Re: GTK+ Website Review - Hosting Windows Binaries

Shawn Amundson wrote:
> Martyn Russell wrote:
>> 2. With regards to the FAQ, is there a burning need to have this in a
>> docbook format? Currently it is a mess and I am thinking of reforming
>> it, but before I do, I wonder if we should just put it completely in
>> HTML and as part of the website. Is there any need for us to put it in
>> PDF or any other format, really?
>
> How about it be placed in a wiki?

Actually, I noticed that it is on the wiki actually:

  http://library.gnome.org/devel/gtk-faq/stable/

How is it put there, just simply generated from docbook and slightly
updated to fit into the style of the pages?

I think it probably makes sense to have on library.gnome.org to be
honest, since it is another form of documentation, which we are also
linking to on the new gtk.org site.

So it gets my vote :)

>> 3. Do we really need a gtk 1.2 FAQ? If not, I will remove the cruft from
>> the FAQ that is no longer pertinent.
>
> No, and if someone wanted a GTK+ 1.2 FAQ, they could always get it off
> the FTP site inside the source tar file. ;-)

Great!

Hopefully, this should mean the FAQ can be significantly trimmed.

Martyn