Re: GTK+ Website Review - Hosting Windows Binaries

Martyn Russell wrote:

> Actually, I noticed that it is on the wiki actually:
>
>   http://library.gnome.org/devel/gtk-faq/stable/
>
> How is it put there, just simply generated from docbook and slightly
> updated to fit into the style of the pages?

It is generated from the source tarballs, files from docs/faq/html/
are processed to get into library look.

> I think it probably makes sense to have on library.gnome.org to be
> honest, since it is another form of documentation, which we are also
> linking to on the new gtk.org site.
>
> So it gets my vote :)

Unfortunately it doesn't meet the "easy to add/edit" criteria; library
will someday support annotating paragraphs (planned for 2.22 but won't
be there on time) but this quite anecdotical to the possibility to
edit questions/answers.

        Frederic