GtkInvisible and the style-set signal

Hi!,

In order to improve the "locate mouse" functionality in
gnome-settings-daemon, I've tried to attach a GdkWindow to a
GtkInvisible in order to paint to it, it works nicely, with one
exception: GtkInvisible doesn't receive any style-set signals, so if I
use theme colors when painting, changing theme doesn't have any effect.

Tim kindly pointed me to this piece of code:

static void
gtk_invisible_style_set (GtkWidget *widget,
			 GtkStyle  *previous_style)
{
  /* Don't chain up to parent implementation */
}

Now, I'm wondering, is this for some reason? or it's just product of the
assumption that you'll never need that signal in a invisible widget?

Regards,
   Carlos