Re: GLib and 64-bit Windows

> Hey all, i am trying to compile glib-2.8.6 (an older version, I know...)
under Windows Server 2003 64-bit.
> I hit the following issues:
> gbacktrace.c(192) : error C2065: 'SIGTRAP' : undeclared identifier
>
> This is caused by an if/else fallthrough in gbacktrace.h. Adding the
following lines skipped that problem, but didn't fix it:
> #elif defined (_MSC_VER) && defined (_M_X64)
> #  define G_BREAKPOINT()        G_STMT_START{ }G_STMT_EN
>
> Then I immediately ran into other problems:
> glib.def(129) : fatal error LNK1118: syntax error in 'G_GNUC_MALLOC'
statement

> My 2 questions:
> Has GLib been successfully compiled in 64-bit mode under Windows?
> Would a newer version of glib help me in getting my compile to work?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> -Jake

Hi Jake,

Did you success to compil your glib-2.8.6 version, because me I am trying
to compil glib2.4.0 on WIndows 64-bits.

If you have some stable predefined  glib/*.h  that I could use to fix my
trouble it could be greatfull.
And also if you have some details to well compiled under windows 64 (are
you using MINGW/MSYS or VISUAL2005 ?)

Thanks