Re: GTK+ Website Review - Final Draft

Hi,

> > The final draft of the new GTK+ web site has been complete with help
> > from Andreas Nilsson and are now available here:
> >
> >   http://imendio.com/~martyn/gtk/draft-final/

Nice work!

> > The plan is to upload these pages on Tuesday sometime. If anyone has any
> > issues to take up before then, let me know.
> >

> The new site look great. A few nit picks:
>
> features.html
> * Language Bindings
> Missing 2.12 column which should contain: gtkmm, pygtk, java-gnome, gtk2perl.
> * Foundations
> Missing new features from GIO and also GObject
> * Accommodating
> For consistency, Localisation->Localization, apply american english grammar
> to the whole site perhaps?

And I support using UK English, so let us start a flamewar on this :-)

> documentation.html
> * Documentation
> Missing GIO

What annoys me the most (especially on my wide-screen monitor) is that I have
a very thin GTK+ website which requires me to scroll down a lot. And I don't
like to have to view a website in 10:16 screen as it is quite unpractical. It
is pretty hard to swivel a 22" screen that way. Also on my laptop monitor
(which is a 4:3 high resolution screen) it makes for annoying reading. Could
you make sure the site expands sideways to accomodate for the screen? Not many
people still look on 800 pixel wide screens.

Thanks,

Philippe
---
Scarlet One, ADSL 6 Mbps + Telephone, from EUR 29,95...
http://www.scarlet.be/