Re: GTK+ Website Review - Final Draft

Philippe De Swert wrote:
>> The new site look great. A few nit picks:
>>
>> features.html
>> * Language Bindings
>> Missing 2.12 column which should contain: gtkmm, pygtk, java-gnome, gtk2perl.
>> * Foundations
>> Missing new features from GIO and also GObject

What about GModule, GFoo, GBar, GWhatEverNext :)

These shouldn't be listed here. They mean nothing to someone trying to
understand the bigger picture when reading that blurb.

>> * Accommodating
>> For consistency, Localisation->Localization, apply american english grammar
>> to the whole site perhaps?

Thanks.

> And I support using UK English, so let us start a flamewar on this :-)

I am British, and there won't be a flame war ;)

> What annoys me the most (especially on my wide-screen monitor) is that I have
> a very thin GTK+ website which requires me to scroll down a lot. And I don't
> like to have to view a website in 10:16 screen as it is quite unpractical. It
> is pretty hard to swivel a 22" screen that way. Also on my laptop monitor
> (which is a 4:3 high resolution screen) it makes for annoying reading. Could
> you make sure the site expands sideways to accomodate for the screen? Not many
> people still look on 800 pixel wide screens.

Well, imagine how it looks on my 30" monitor with 2560x1600 resolution
:) but the point is it works everywhere, even on the Nokia device.

You will never fit everyone's needs when it comes to web design - that
is front and foremost what I have learned through doing this.

Martyn