Re: GTK+ Website Review - Final Draft

Philippe De Swert wrote:
> What annoys me the most (especially on my wide-screen monitor) is that I have
> a very thin GTK+ website which requires me to scroll down a lot. And I don't
> like to have to view a website in 10:16 screen as it is quite unpractical. It
> is pretty hard to swivel a 22" screen that way. Also on my laptop monitor
> (which is a 4:3 high resolution screen) it makes for annoying reading. Could
> you make sure the site expands sideways to accomodate for the screen? Not many
> people still look on 800 pixel wide screens.

I'm always amused by people who have big, hires screens and want to
maximize windows.  In my opinion, on a 20" wide screen, I want layouts
to be narrow enough to be in a nice tall window that's narrow enough to
allow easy reading.  Now of course a fixed width design should be based
on ems, not pixels (sadly this layout is not based on ems, which is a
problem).  That way you can enlarge the font and see the entire layout
expand for easier reading.  Letting the text spread out wide is not
readable.