Re: GTK+ Website Review - Final Draft

On Mon, Jan 28, 2008 at 02:30:14PM +0000, Martyn Russell wrote:
> > http://imendio.com/~martyn/gtk/draft-final/download-linux.html
> >  * outdated versions
>
> You disagree? It might not make sense to list unsupported versions here
> I agree, but we should definitely list older versions.

No, I mean that it doesn't show e.g. 2.12. Don't mind about older
versions.

> > http://imendio.com/~martyn/gtk/draft-final/documentation.html
> >  * under API, perhaps s/Library/Component/ or something?
>
> I prefer Library, since they are libraries.

Shouldn't Library be used for the collection of API docs? IMO gtk+ has
e.g. an API reference. The combination of all that stuff could be called
a library.

> >  * links to:
> >    http://imendio.com/~martyn/gtk/draft-final/documentation-old.html
> >    with a mention of gtk 1.2 docs. I'd assume to get API docs, but those
> >    aren't there.
>
> No, it isn't supported any longer.

But documentation.html says 'Although we recommend the GTK2 platform, we
keep the GTK 1.2 Documentation around for those who need it.', so I
expect API docs. Maybe reword previous sentence? Perhaps mention it is
included in the 1.2 tarball?

> >  * perhaps add 'language-bindings' ?
>
> Hmm, wasn't sure about this, since it is more GNOME language bindings.
> I can add it though.

Wasn't sure (description says GNOME and GTK+). Leaving to you to decide ;-)

> > http://imendio.com/~martyn/gtk/draft-final/development.html
> >  * links to foundation-list gnome org for donation things, shouldn't
> >    that rather use some private email address? IIRC there is a
> >    better one. perhaps also mention that although it is the GNOME
> >    foundation, the money will be dedicated to GTK+ (there is such an
> >    arrangement right?)
>
> I added some more about how it is for GNOME, etc.
> What is the alternate email address then? Anyone know?

I guess fundraising at gnome org, taken from http://www.gnome.org/friends/

cc'ing vuntz to confirm.

Olav