Re: GTK+ Website Review - Final Draft

Olav Vitters wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 27, 2008 at 11:37:47PM +0000, Martyn Russell wrote:
> Looks great. Tried to find very small things to note (nothing important):
>
> http://imendio.com/~martyn/gtk/draft-final/index.html
>  * LGPL link is the v3 one

Fixed.

> http://imendio.com/~martyn/gtk/draft-final/features.html
>  * no n810

Added.

>  * 'Partially Supported' image looks like a negative (not supported)

It is the same way we show things in the toolkit with GtkCheckButtons.

>  * cross platform should include BSD etc as well

Well, we have changed it to include Unix. That should cover all cases.

> http://imendio.com/~martyn/gtk/draft-final/overview.html
>  * perhaps mention LGPL version?

Fixed.

>  * languages could link to languages overview page

Fixed.

>  * community section talks about 2.10 while 2.12 is out

Shows how long I have been doing this :)
Fixed.

>  * community has 'These people are listed below.', don't see them

Fixed.

>  * community: have a link to the release announcement

I changed this to not point to any announcement, otherwise it will need
constantly keeping up to date.

> http://imendio.com/~martyn/gtk/draft-final/download-linux.html
>  * outdated versions

You disagree? It might not make sense to list unsupported versions here
I agree, but we should definitely list older versions.

>  * really linux?

Changed to "GNU/Linux & Unix".

> http://imendio.com/~martyn/gtk/draft-final/documentation.html
>  * under API, perhaps s/Library/Component/ or something?

I prefer Library, since they are libraries.

>  * links to:
>    http://imendio.com/~martyn/gtk/draft-final/documentation-old.html
>    with a mention of gtk 1.2 docs. I'd assume to get API docs, but those
>    aren't there.

No, it isn't supported any longer.

> http://imendio.com/~martyn/gtk/draft-final/documentation-old.html
>   * links to http://imendio.com/tutorial1.2/, which seems to be down or
>     something.

This will be resolved when we migrate to gtk.org, since it is still on
there. I am thinking about removing this though.

>  * perhaps add 'language-bindings' ?

Hmm, wasn't sure about this, since it is more GNOME language bindings.
I can add it though.

> http://imendio.com/~martyn/gtk/draft-final/development.html
>  * links to foundation-list gnome org for donation things, shouldn't
>    that rather use some private email address? IIRC there is a
>    better one. perhaps also mention that although it is the GNOME
>    foundation, the money will be dedicated to GTK+ (there is such an
>    arrangement right?)

I added some more about how it is for GNOME, etc.
What is the alternate email address then? Anyone know?

Martyn