Re: GTK+ Patch

Sven Neumann wrote:
Mike was asking for someone to take over the project recently, wasn't he?

After seven years of more and more abandoning it, I'd be happy to have
it back and make it something great(er) :)

I guess you should get SVN commit access then. You have my approval for
that, but we will need someone from the core GTK+ development team to
back this.

Thanks, I'd really like to commit myself :)

Too bad noone could tell me about the simpler Quartz implementation so
far. It seems a lot of the recursion with invalidation, clipping, lots
of paint events etc. could be avoided.

As far as I know the Quartz backend is not fully functional yet. Please
keep that in mind.

Good to know :)

Well, GTK+DirectFB is not full functional either, but probably in other or
less areas. I'm mostly interested in their adaption of the rendering models,
i.e. complex clipping and lots of recursion vs. simply redraw from bottom up
and just keep one invalid rectangle or region per top level window. Maybe my
assumptions about Quartz are wrong, but I thought it's comparable to drawing
to DirectFB windows.

--
Best regards,
  Denis Oliver Kropp