Re: Steps to get to GTK+ 3.0

On Wed, 04 Jun 2008 12:39:33 -0500
Cody Russell <bratsche gnome org> wrote:

> On Wed, 2008-06-04 at 19:15 +0200, Jean-Yves Lefort wrote:
> > I thought that GObject was meant as a general-purpose object system
> > for C, rather than as a GTK+-specific utility library. I suppose I
> > misunderstood.
>
> I fail to see how any of this discussion should change your perception
> of GObject.  This is a discussion about GTK's usage of GObject, but your
> own objects can continue to use it in whatever way makes the most sense
> to you.

Tim Janik argued that the bad performance of the property system is
not an issue in GTK+. I pointed out that in my understanding, the
GObject framework is supposed to be a client-agnostic object
system. As such, its performance issues should matter to the GLib
maintainers, regardless of how much they affect GTK+.

--
Jean-Yves Lefort <jylefort brutele be>