Re: Steps to get to GTK+ 3.0

On Wed, 2008-06-04 at 19:59 +0200, Jean-Yves Lefort wrote:

> Tim Janik argued that the bad performance of the property system is
> not an issue in GTK+. I pointed out that in my understanding, the
> GObject framework is supposed to be a client-agnostic object
> system. As such, its performance issues should matter to the GLib
> maintainers, regardless of how much they affect GTK+.

It matters, rest assured.  And Tim is in fact the GObject maintainer if
you didn't know.

The performance of GObject just is not interesting in this discussion as
this is about changing some stuff in GTK+.  No one's making GObject any
slower.

If you think GObject is slow for a specific use case, file a bug.  Don't
pollute the thread please.

--
behdad
http://behdad.org/