Re: Steps to get to GTK+ 3.0

On Wed, 2008-06-04 at 20:57 +0200, Jean-Yves Lefort wrote:

> Rather than calling my suggestions silly, why don't you actually try
> to explain how the non-preprocessed, dynamic-only GLib property design
> is superior to the Qt design (or at least not inferior), or describe
> these specific reasons that you are talking about?

because i really don't give a damn. i don't use GTK+, i use gtkmm, and
there is no feature of Qt that i ever find lacking. although Qt has
closed the gap, for a long time it was the poor cousin of gtkmm when it
came to type-safety, integration with the STL and more. i'm really not
all that interested in what happens at the GObject level, other than
that it maps into a decently performing layer by the time i interact
with it at the C++ level. i also don't want to see glib/gobject
developers wasting time trying to do what C++ plus a preprocessor does
in plain C or C plus Yet Another PreProcessor.