Re: Steps to get to GTK+ 3.0

On Thu, 2008-06-05 at 13:43 -0500, Yevgen Muntyan wrote:
> On Jun 5, 2008, at 13:21 , Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 2008-06-05 at 08:59 +0200, Jean-Yves Lefort wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> >> I hope you'll pardon me the following paternalistic advice, but I
> >> believe that it would be good for you to cut down on some of the
> >> zealotry when defending a pet project. If you honestly acknowledge
> >> the
> >> areas in which GLib is weaker, that will be put to your credit. But
> >> continuing to claim that the earth is flat despite all evidence to
> >> the
> >> contrary is rather unproductive.
> >
> > I don't appreciate your language, and others don't either.  See:
> >
> >   http://live.gnome.org/CodeOfConduct
> >
> > If you can't discuss decently and on a technical ground without
> > offering
> > unsolicited personal advice, you may as well leave this list.  Take
> > this
> > as second notice.
>
> Freedom of speech anyone? So, on gtk-devel-list one may not say
> what he believes is true after he ordered to believe otherwise,
> or did I misinterpret it? Good luck with that guys.

I don't mind decent technical discussion, nor does anyone else does.
This is what CodeOfConduct says:

  Be respectful and considerate:
      * Disagreement is no excuse for poor behaviour or personal
        attacks. Remember that a community where people feel
        uncomfortable is not a productive one.

I do not want to receive comments like this one from strangers on any
mailing lists I'm on:

================
> >> I hope you'll pardon me the following paternalistic advice, but I
> >> believe that it would be good for you to cut down on some of the
> >> zealotry when defending a pet project. If you honestly acknowledge
> >> the
> >> areas in which GLib is weaker, that will be put to your credit. But
> >> continuing to claim that the earth is flat despite all evidence to
> >> the
> >> contrary is rather unproductive.

That's all.

And no, no one promised you freedom of speech on GNOME lists.

--
behdad
http://behdad.org/

        -- Benjamin Franklin, 1759