Re: Move to LGPL3

On Sun, 16 Mar 2008, Bastien Nocera wrote:

On Sat, 2008-03-15 at 21:48 +0100, Tim Janik wrote:

Our headers currently state:
  * This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
  * modify it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public
  * License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either
  * version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.

The LGPL also says:
 To protect your rights, we need to make restrictions that forbid
anyone to deny you these rights or to ask you to surrender the rights.

Which means you can't add more restrictions to the license without
effectively relicensing.

We're not retro-changing the license of anything that has been
released already, so we're not restricting rights anyone already
has.
We're talking about modifying & redistributing future versions
of GLib & Gtk+ under LGPLv3, which the license clearly allows.

---
ciaoTJ