Re: Native file chooser dialog on Windows

Maybe it would be a good idea to fix glib to return the file type together with the directory name in a function g_read_dir(dir)?
The info you need is all there and discarded inside glib...

Just a thought.

Eddie

Morten Welinder wrote:
and "confusing
gradual display of network locations" (the first time I tried opening
something from my fileserver I thought some of my directories went missing

I think this could actually be improved fairly easily for
all platforms if something (the chooser or backend,
not sure) was more careful of the order it stats stuff.

From the name of entries, it should be possible to come
up with a fairly good guess of what to stat first.  We want
directories before files and things alphabetically within
those groups, except that dot files should be last if they're
not going to be displayed.  That makes it a problem of
guessing what is likely to be a directory.  I'd try looking
for an extension which would typically indicate something
that isn't a directory.

Morten