Re: Intricate changes to Quartz/OSX backend

On Oct 26, 2009, at 4:23 PM, John Ralls wrote:
Oh, and unstable won't build without intervention on Tiger, because the latest Pango uses CoreText instead of ATSUI; CoreText wasn't supported before Leopard.

They didn't really port the backend to CoreText. It is still using the ATSUI API and they changed two function calls. I have an easy patch that puts the old calls (which were removed) back and then it builds and works fine on Tiger. I will try to clean this patch up and push it soon (and also test it on Leopard, which I was not able to do before).

The real challenge will be to write a proper, real, CoreText backend for Pango. I might tackle that in the future.

regards,

-kris.