Re: Fwd: Plans for GTK+ Bundles for win32 and win64?

On 08/09/11 07:53, Kean Johnston wrote:
On 9/8/2011 8:34 AM, Anders Broman wrote:
Hi,
Has the provision of binary bundles for Windows 32 bit and 64 bit been
discontinued?
I can't speak for the devs but I am putting together a full bundle for
both win32 and win64, including all of the dependent libraries. It's not
quite bleeding edge, as it is still using glib 2.28 and gtk 3.0.12. I am
using the DDK compiler (more modern than MSVC 6) which still allows me
to use MSVCRT.DLL and not the compiler-specific MSVCRT100.DLL. It
contains a few minor patches to glib that I've submitted, but that are
not yet accepted. It's a week or so out, I have a lot of testing and
cleanup to do but there is someone actively working on it. Whether the
core team will update the images on gnome.org is, of course, up to them
and I cannot speak for them.

I would love to see this on gtk.org as an installable executable. Right now the pages:

  http://www.gtk.org/download/win32.php
  http://www.gtk.org/download/win64.php

only allow downloading of separate packages. What I wished we had years ago when I was developing on Windows was an executable which installed GTK+ on the system for all apps (so I didn't have to package gtk+ inside my own project).

If there is consent amongst the team and this is available, I can set up the gtk.org pages for this.

Martyn

Founder and CEO of Lanedo GmbH.