Re: RFC: new features

On Jan 12, 2012, at 6:16 AM, Matthew Brush wrote:
> SIMPLE TREE and LIST
> It would be great to have simple GtkTree and GtkList widget sitting ontop of the extremely powerful GtkTreeView API for those many cases where you just need a basic tree or list box. The new widgets would not require a book[1] to explain how to use it. I saw a GtkTree in the API docs but it's deprecated, presumably because it doesn't sit ontop of the better tree view API.

A couple of years ago I worked on an API and implementation of such a simple list/tree, using GtkTreeView internally.  It never made it into GTK+ or bugzilla unfortunately and is catching dust on one of my machines.

I still intend to dig up the code, document it and put it on a wiki somewhere for somebody to pick up and improve so that it can maybe be merged.

regards,

-kris.