Re: Guidelines for stable branch changes in GLib/Gtk

hi,

On 12-11-11 04:46 PM, Matthias Clasen wrote:
Ah, ok. So, this is not about anything recent, but a 'multi-year
accumulated frustration' mail.

The thing that brought this up recently was a discussion at UDS. Ubuntu is nervous to take our stable releases because of what has happened in the past...

And it is really just about GTK+, not GLib, as your initial mail
seemed to indicate.

I if we decide on a policy, it should apply equally to both.

I don't think anybody disagrees that these examples would have been
better off in devel branches.

At the time, I (and others) got the impression that many people felt that what happened was OK and may well happen again in the future -- particularly on the file chooser changes.

If this really is in the past and we agree that nothing like this should ever happen again then I do consider the issue to be entirely closed.

Cheers