Re: Guidelines for stable branch changes in GLib/Gtk

> There are three specific cases that come to mind:
>
> 1) Recently Martin asked me for permission to backport his boxing of GPollFD
> to the stable branch of GLib and I said "no new API on stable branches".  I
> mention this only because of how small of a change it would have been
> compared to the following two:
>
> 2) The icon view changes that landed in the 3.4 cycle.
>
> 3) The file chooser "recent folder" changes that landed in 3.0 and also on
> 2.x.

Ah, ok. So, this is not about anything recent, but a 'multi-year
accumulated frustration' mail.
And it is really just about GTK+, not GLib, as your initial mail
seemed to indicate.

I don't think anybody disagrees that these examples would have been
better off in devel branches.