Re: Glib question: Is PCRE in some intermediate state?

Hi John,

The gatomic.c file contains a native Windows implementation of the atomic ops. There were some pretty significant changes in GLib in terms of the implementation of threading and atomic operations throughout the last 2-3 stable release cycles.

Can you check the glibconfig.h that you are using? As you are using Visual C++, it needs to match the contents in glibconfig.h.win32 in glib\. If not, copy glib\glibconfig.h.win32 and overwrite glib\glibconfig.h. Note that the currently correct place where glibconfig.h is to be found should now be in glib\, not srcroot (this changed from 2.24 probably-so it is possible that the Visual C++ 2005 project files did not reflect on that).

With blessings.
Thanks Fan,

I just checked that I wasn't accidentally including gthread-posix.c.  Fortunately I wasn't but along the way, I noticed that pthread_mutex_lock() and pthread_mutex_unlock() are getting called in numerous places from the module glib/gatomic.c.  That wasn't the case when I first built glib (circa version 2.24). So it looks like this dependency has crept in unintentionally somewhere.