Re: Removal of icons in buttons/menus

2013/10/15 Ryan Lortie <desrt desrt ca>:
  "Any icon that comes before a menu item’s text should be laid out as
  if it is the beginning of the text..."

and

  "In particular, icons of this sort should not go inside the margin..."

(...)

GtkImageMenuItem puts its icon in the margin.  We don't ever want noun
icons to appear here.

So this extremely ugly layout is actually *by design*?

That's very disappointing. I thought that displaying the menu icons in
this absurd place is actually an Ubuntu-specific bug in globalmenu,
and will eventually be fixed.

Regards, Krzysztof