Re: libsoup + gsettings-desktop-schemas for server code

On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 12:06 PM, Nicolas Dufresne <nicolas dufresne collabora com> wrote:
An headless deamon can be anything with any use cases. One use case that I came with, where the dconf model did not work was package managers.

Can you elaborate on the second sentence?

It's a wired concept, which got added NM "recently".

Right...so specifically for the proxy, I think it would make sense to have a high priority resolver that talks to NetworkManager if available.

That may be enough for me - it might be that proxy is the only thing my headless systems do with GSettings.

I have never programmed it myself, though it's supported in nm-connection-editor. Basically you can have multiple settings for the same wired network. For work laptop, it's often (but not limited to) a home vs office configuration.

I assume you mean gnome-control-center, that's where the proxy UI is as far as I can tell.

I don't see anything for talking to NetworkManager or wired profiles offhand, but I may be missing it.