Re: libsoup + gsettings-desktop-schemas for server code

On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 11:06 AM, Nicolas Dufresne <nicolas dufresne collabora com> wrote:
Le lundi 03 mars 2014 à 09:59 -0500, Dan Winship a écrit :
So... if we're going to do anything with the proxy schemas, we should
move/rename and reorganize them at the same time.
I second this, if review is needed on an appropriate design I'd be happy to help double checking it. So far things that came out about proxies over the last few years:

Is it just proxy configuration?  Are there any options from gsettings-desktop-schemas that are used by libsoup/glib-networking or other libraries that are potentially interesting for headless daemons?

- Per application setting shall be possible (GLib has that)

Via keyfiles?

- System wide setting shall be possible

Yes.

- Per network profile setting shall be possible

Define "nework profile".  Is this a NetworkManager concept?  That would make a lot of sense for the proxy config - I'd be fine if my daemons talked to NM.

With the network profiles in place now, we could attach settings to profiles.

What is this?  Can you link me to the code?