Re: RFC: GtkPreview library

On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 5:19 AM, Cosimo Cecchi <cosimoc gnome org> wrote:
So you're effectively proposing that the "transport" of the data between plugins and the widget is always Wayland, even if the session is running under X11? That sounds like a good idea to me if it's possible to implement. I would definitely welcome a proof of concept!

what happened to the idea of GTK being a cross-platform toolkit? you're seriously proposing building something as significant as a Preview widget around a technology that isn't even deployed on most Linux systems yet, and will almost certainly never be available on other platforms?