Re: RFC: GtkPreview library

On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 2:23 PM, Paul Davis <paul linuxaudiosystems com> wrote:
what happened to the idea of GTK being a cross-platform toolkit? you're seriously proposing building something as significant as a Preview widget around a technology that isn't even deployed on most Linux systems yet, and will almost certainly never be available on other platforms?

Paul, I don't think you understand what is being proposed here, and I much dislike the aggressive tone you are imposing on this conversation.
Whether to use something different than a Wayland transport on non-Linux platforms is entirely up for debate. I am not familiar with how Windows and OSX implement previews, and whether integration with the native platform APIs is desirable in those cases, but I will point out that a simple shared memory transport can be used with Wayland, which should work fine even on those platforms.

Cosimo