Re: [Discuss] Make a thinner Glib/GTK+ to fit tiny device better

Le lundi 12 octobre 2015 à 23:24 +0800, cee1 a écrit :

GLib is already broken up into a whide amount of shared library. Even
though, shared library tend to create a small size overhead.
Considering this is a supporting library, it's probably not ideal to
try and disable random features. What we endup doing here, is using
static build, so whatever you don't use can later be stripped. It's
more work in regard to the LGPL.
Then, I'm imaging a procedure of "static building" subset of glib
symbols into a library, and clients link to it...

providing APIs to make GTK+(also GIO) easily integrated to other
event
loop, then we use epoll() on Linux, kqueue() onBSD or even
libdispatch[3] - client code can use simpler event loop(e.g. no
locks,
no recursive main loop support)

This is all fully supported.
For GStreamer, yes. But not for GIO or GTK+? I guess.

- cee1