RE: A GNOME Bindings release set?

> I do agree that some separation is a good idea (eg. pygtk is separate
> from gnome-python, and has been ported to Windows while gnome-python
> hasn't), but not necessarily to the granularity that the
> Gnome platform
> libraries have been.
>

> Unless you have some better reasons, could we leave this requirement
> out?  It would be a shame if the bindings release set can't be done
> because of something like this.

I am not asking for complete modularity. I am just asking that you don't put
non-GNOME Development Platform stuff in any package that will be on the list
for this release set. That probably means just one split if any. I don't
think that I can manage the release set unless this happens, and I don't
want to spend my life explaining the confused state of such a release set to
the world's developers.

Murray Cumming
www.murrayc.com
murrayc usa net