Re: A GNOME Bindings release set?

On 25/11/03 18:13, Murray Cumming Comneon com wrote:

I am not asking for complete modularity. I am just asking that you don't put
non-GNOME Development Platform stuff in any package that will be on the list
for this release set. That probably means just one split if any. I don't
think that I can manage the release set unless this happens, and I don't
want to spend my life explaining the confused state of such a release set to
the world's developers.
The module split for the main development platform was to make things easier for maintainers. You are suggesting something that is going to make life more difficult for maintainers with very little gain.

I can't speak for other binding authors, but gnome-python can build when only the Gnome development platform libraries are installed (things like the gnome-print bindings are only built if gnome-print is present), so they don't add any hard dependencies to the build. I wouldn't be surprised if other bindings are similar.

James.

--
Email: james daa com au
WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/