Re: [Nautilus-list] Nautilus Smoke Test --- first draft, feedbackRequest.

> So, that's perhaps another point in favour of making the default
>behaviour a link rather than a move in this case... you may just save
> the lives of people who work in mixed-desktop office environments, or
> who have just migrated to GNOME from Windoze!

That is correct.  On Windows (win98, win2k) a right click drag will
create a shortcup to items being drag, but also a left click drag will
upon releasing left button on target area will pop up a menu which gives
the choice to either move or copy  targeted items to selected
destination.

> As an aside, the Amiga has another interesting concept here (which it
> doesn't quite carry through in practice, but that's beside the point)...
> you can drag an item onto the desktop, and it will be moved there so you
> can get at it quickly while you're working with it.  But once you're
> finished with it, you can "put it away" again by picking an item on its
> shortcut menu, and it quietly goes back to where it used to live in the
> file structure.  (Much like being able to take things back out of the
> Trash again on most desktops these days.)  It works quite nicely,
> really.

I don't really see the advantage here.  Is it not the same has to simply
creating a link to an item on the desktop, and then later deleting it
manually.  I happen to do this regularly on my desktop.