Re: [Nautilus-list] Nautilus Smoke Test --- first draft, feedbackRequest.

>> So, that's perhaps another point in favour of making the default
>>behaviour a link rather than a move in this case... you may just save
>> the lives of people who work in mixed-desktop office environments, or
>> who have just migrated to GNOME from Windoze!
>
>That is correct.  On Windows (win98, win2k) a right click drag will
>create a shortcup to items being drag, but also a left click drag will
>upon releasing left button on target area will pop up a menu which gives
>the choice to either move or copy  targeted items to selected
>destination.

Actually, no. The default behavior in Windows is thus: left-click drag will
always do (copy/move/short cut) without asking. Right-click drag will pop up
a menu upon release, with the default "highlighted" selection being what it
would have done if you had left-clicked. What it does *exactly* depends on
where you are dragging from/to.  If I remember correctly, it changes whether
you are dragging between different disks (results in copy) between different
folders on the same disk (results in move) or from a different folder/disk to
the desktop (results in shortcut).  There are exceptions to every rule, and I
think dragging to the floppy results in a shortcut no matter what, or
something like that. You can see why I resort to just right-click drag ->
select in all cases. I can't keep straight what it's going to do when :-)