Re: [Nautilus-list] Nautilus Smoke Test --- first draft, feedbackRequest.

> Reginald Poyau wrote:
>
> > I don't really see the advantage here.  Is it not the same has to simply
> > creating a link to an item on the desktop, and then later deleting it
> > manually.  I happen to do this regularly on my desktop.
>
> Well, the advantage is that it maintains the consistency that was
> discussed earlier-- dropping a file from a window onto the desktop moves
> that file rather than creating a shortcut, just like it would when you
> dropped it into another directory.  So there's no need to think about
> what action will be performed when you let go of the mouse button; it's
> always the same.

I agree with you on that one, but like I said before this exactly how
its done windoze.  A left click by default always create a shortcut to
item being drag and drop, but the point I was trying to make was that a
right drag and drop upon release gives you a choice to either copy, move
or create a to create a shortcup to items being drag.

> The disadvantage is the same as I mentioned in my last mail, though--
> when you delete the file from the desktop, you really are deleting it,
> and not just a shortcut to it.  (Although the Amiga doesn't actually let
> you delete the file from the desktop-- you have to "Put it away" before
> you can delete it, which is a good safety device for novices, but
> probably rather annoying for experts.)

I would surmise that this would probably be very annoying to
about  anyone.  I like the way it's on windowz.  Also for safety there's
always the trash can, again microsoft did that correctly (recycling
bin).

Now what I like about gmc is how it copy and move items on right click
select release.  Upon release, one is immediately prompted to selected
destination of items being copy or move, I like this much better that
copy/cut and paste a la word processor style of windowz.