RE: [Nautilus-list] De-Lurk, Hello, Question: Roadmap?

John Fleck wrote

> What are the things you would like to see the help system do?

Well, I posted the 'Ultimate Help System' a while ago, that had numerous
suggestions.  See the threads
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-doc-list/2001-March/msg00035.html and
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-devel-list/2001-March/msg00121.html and
related followups.

As can be seen by the many of the enthusiastic followups, there were/are
people interested in both using and developing the proposals.

Some of the simpler things are

1) Forward query to an expert
Thus queries that are unsuccessful can be added to the database or linked to
the proper answer
2) Synonym searching
Thus using different words than the author of the help document should still
find the document

The links lay out the suggested proposals and reasoning in full, but they
are fairly long, so I didn't repost them.

Tom M.
TomM Pentstar com