CVS plugin (was: Re: [Nautilus-list] A newbie's questions and sugestions.)

On Fri, 2001-12-07 at 03:01, Christian Rose wrote:

[snip]

> > Does nautilus have a plugin arhchitecture.
>
> Nautilus is very componentized (sp?). I don't know of an actual plug-in
> arcitecture for Nautilus though, other than the ability to add your own
> Nautilus shell scripts.

I'd like to be able to see CVS information directly in Nautilus as well
as using CVS commands, much like TortoiseCVS enables you to do in
Windows Explorer. The CVS-commands would be simple enough through
Nautilus scripts, but TortoiseCVS also tints file icons according to
status (in sync, edited... i imagine conflicts and added/removed files
also could have specific colours) and I'd also like to be able to see
branch/tag and version information e.g. by zooming.

A couple of questions:
1. Would it be possible to add such a feature today in some plugin-ish
manner and if so: how?

2. Has this feature (or similar) been considered and rejected before and
if so, for what reasons?

3. Anybody working on a similar project atm?

If nothing else and the patch would be accepted, I would be happy to
contribute such a thing.

Mikael Lindberg, Lunds Tekniska Högskola
d94ml efd lth se   //  http://www.lth.se