Re: [Nautilus-list] A whole list of feauture requests and bugs

Jonas,

Thanks for the suggestions. I can give you some positive news on one of your
suggested features.

> - Transparant copying of audio tracks to the hard disk. When a user drags
an
> audio track (yes, it should be possible to "mount" audio CDs) to the hard
disk
> then a dialog should pop-up asking what format the song should be stored
in,
> CDDB should also propose meta-data for MP3s, Ogg Vorbis, etc. This
feauture
> request is related to the next one.

There is a gnome-vfs cdda module and experimental support for mounting audio
cds in Nautilus.  The feature is disabled right now as we try to archive our
1.0 shipping goal and are focussing on stability and performance issues.  If
you have some hacking skills, it is easy enough to turn these feature on
and rebuild Nautilus.

We use CDDB to name the files and you can drag them from the CD to any other
mounted volume.  Adding the conversion while copying feature is next on my
list of things to do to the cdda module.

Gene